Thursday, April 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Vocabulary


I’ve always wondered what other people do when they come across a word/phrase that they’ve never heard before. I mean, do they jot it down on paper so they can look it up later, or do they stop reading to look it up on the dictionary/google it or do they just continue reading and forget about the word?
I probably shouldn't admit this...but honestly...I just continue reading and forget about it. haha! I figure I can understand the story without having to understand that exact word. I also think the strongest factor in not doing anything about it is because I'm too lazy to look it up. lol!

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Haha You aren't alone in your continuing to read without giving it another thought. For me it depends on whether it impedes my progress. If I can't figure out what a word means in the context it is used, curiosity gets the better of me and I look it up if I can. I love learning new words even if I forget them by the next day.