Monday, May 19, 2008

The Curious Child by Donni Floyd



This book is for the younger age group, amazon lists the age group as 9-12. I think it could be younger than that.

This is the story of a boy who lives in a small village. The boy asks a ton of questions. So much in fact, that the other villages decide he needs to go ask the dragon who lives on the mount for a spell so he stops asking so many questions.

What the villagers don't know is that the dragon has turned mean and instead of helping the boy, he wants to destroy him. The only way to keep the dragon from eating the boy is to ask questions.

So the goal if this book is to encourage children to ask questions and not be afraid to ask so many.

Overall, I think it was a cute story. I don't currently have kids of my own to test out the book on them, but I might test it on my nephew. I like the illustrations although I wish more of them were in color. I did get offered this book for review, which is why I'm reading one that is for such a young age group. I think kids would like this story.

**if you have reviewed this on your blog, leave a comment and let me know! I'll put a link to your review on this post**

new author/fiction/16 pages

1 comment:

Bookfool said...

Sounds cute. I'm surprised you got that particular type of book for review, but I'm glad you reviewed it. You'll have kids to foist it upon, some day. :)