Friday, May 23, 2008

The Dark Tide by Andrew Cross


All seems to be going well for Karen, she has a loving husband, two great kids, and enough money that she doesn't have to work. Then there is an explosion at Grand Central Station. This changes everything. Her husband was on the train that had a bomb on it. He was never found. Shortly after, some men show up at the house and mention that there is an issue with some money being owed to them. Then a man threatens her daughter. What is this all about?


Then a year passes, it is the anniversary to the bombing. Karen decided to watch the footage of the accident even though it is rough, just when she is about to turn it off she sees him. There is her husband, walking away from the explosion. What is going on?


This starts Karen on a whole new journey. A local police man, Hauck, helps Karen begin to unravel what has happened. They soon find Charles. However, they aren't the only ones looking for him. What did Charles do that would make him run?

Overall, I enjoyed this story. It is the first I have read by this author. I liked the story, it kept my interest. I wanted to know what would happen, would Charles be found, who was behind it all. Even when you got towards the end and could piece it all together yourself, I still wanted to know how it would end. I liked Karen and Hauck also. The only thing that did bother me, is that the author kept making Hauck (and sometimes Charles) wink. I just didn't get that. haha! Not something major to the story, just something that jumped out at me as being odd each time it was done.

Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Leave me a comment, include a link to your review and I'll include it in my post

new author/mystery/435pgs

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds like it could be an interesting movie plot (which unless it’s based on a book, there aren’t too many of lately).