Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Faux Finished by Peg Marberg


This is the first in the series.

Jean runs an interior design company, Designer Jeans, along with the help of her daughter, JR.

They recently re-did the dinning room in the local country club. The night of the grand re-opening, the country club member dies after drinking a Bloody Mary. It just so happens that some-how, peanuts ended up in the mix. It appears to be murder.

Even though Jean is told not to sleuth, she just can't help it. She tracks down stories and clues with the help of her sister-in-law Mary.

This was an interesting book. While I really enjoyed it, it was a little weird. Jean ends up solving several mysteries in her pursuit to find one murderer. This is ok...it's just that it was a little confusing. There are also several references to past murders she has solved, yet this is the first in the series. That confused me because I kept thinking there were other books in the series that I missed. So...while I did enjoy the book overall, I dont' think the mystery part if it was as good as others. That being said, I liked it enough to plan on reading the second in the series.

This book has also been reviewed by:
Heidi's Books

(If you have reviewed this book, let me know and I'll list it above - be sure to include a link to your review)

new author/mystery/ 210 pgs

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your right it was the mystery part that was off. Hopefully the second one will be better