Thursday, September 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Autumn Reading



Autumn is starting (here in the US, anyway), and kids are heading back to school–does the changing season change your reading habits? Less time? More? Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?

I don't think I tend to read more or less, I read about the same. I'm assuming it's this way becasue I don't have kids, so kids being back in school has nothing to do with me. I assumed I would read more this past summer due to having a new pool, but my plans were spoiled by having to actually work in the house. Perhaps next summer I'll see that I read more in summer due to floating around on a raft all weekend long.

I tend to read more paranormal books in October because of Halloween. I like to read them all year round, but in the past I have tried to save some to read in October. I doubt I'll be doing that this year, but you never know.

I also want to add that I also love to read Christmas books - so anytime after Thanksgiving through Christmas is fair game for those! It's the only time of the year I read them.

Otherwise, the changing of seasons normally has no effect on my reading.

6 comments:

Karen Harrington said...

that's interesting that you enjoy paranormal stories in Halloween. I'll have to try that. Any recommendations for this year?

Literary Feline said...

The seasons do not really affect me reading habits either, Kris. Sitting on a raft, floating in the pool and reading does sound nice! I hope you are able to do that next summer!

Unknown said...

Literary feline - I'm glad I'm not the only one who's reading habits don't change!

Karen - you know..I'm going to create a post with authors that I feel write paranormal books and also look at what might be on my list for next month. So stay tuned! (and thanks for the idea!)

SmilingSally said...

You made me think of Christmas books; of course, I like to read one at that time.

Unknown said...

Smilingsal - I know people who read them throughout the year...I just can't do that. I think I read all that my Mom had last year...so hope more get released this year! haha!

Heidi said...

The changing of the seasons, does not affect my reading habits. It does affect where I sit while reading...I am going to miss the swing once winter shows up.

I am sure there will be new Christmas books this year. I will have to do some digging and see what I come up with.