Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sam’s Quest: The Royal Trident by Ben Furman



This is the 2nd book in the series. I was anxious to get to this one after I read the first, click here for my review.


Sam is living with her Grandpa again. She is taking a walk in the woods when two cloaked figures stop her and knock her out. She wakes up in a cave inside the mountain. The assassins are trying to decide if they should kill her or not. She is able to escape them, but her and Patch have trouble finding their way out. They finally find an opening, but it is high up on a cliff. There they meet a dragon. Sam must answer his riddle in order to survive. Sam does this, and so the adventure begins. Once again she meets up with Buzz and together they try to rescue the King and save the Originators from the evil Pax.


I took this from the publishers website, Black Hawk Press:


Guided by an unseen evil force, Pax hordes invade the World of Bergeron, destroying a thousand years of peace. Samantha Mae Costas, "Sam", a descendant of the Originators, the keeper of the Crimson Crystal, and the savior of the Awokian people, is the bridge to the World of Bergeron and its lands of good and evil.


Prince Buznor, "Buzz", an Awokian from Innerworld on a diplomatic mission, is caught in the fighting. Seriously wounded, he calls out to Sam. The Crimson Crystal glows, alerting Sam that her friend is in danger. She leaves the safety of her home and descends to the World of Bergeron. There she comes face-to-face with the most powerful evil she has ever encountered. She must defeat it or all is lost.




This is a young reader/young adult series. At times I felt I was too old for it, but hey, it's not written for a 30 year old is it? I really enjoyed this one, possibly more than the first one. I like Sam and love how she is able to help out the other people. I think a lot of kids would like this series. I'm not sure how many books are planned for this series, but I hope a lot more.




Have you reviewed this book on your blog? If so let me know and I'll link it below


This book has also been reviewed by:

Cheryl at The Book Connection




(fiction.229pgs)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great review!

And you know there's more for Sam to do. Sam's arch enemy is lurking in the Catacomb of Evil, plotting revenge, death and destruction!

Whoa! If you think you're a bit too old at 30 for Sam's story then take a look at my counterterrorism novel, The Devil's Darning Needle. Definitely not a kid's book.

Thanks again!

Ben Furman
www.blackhawkpress.com/blog

Unknown said...

Ben - So glad to hear there is more in the series planned!

Cheryl said...

My review of "The Royal Trident" is posted at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2008/09/sams-quest-royal-trident-by-ben-furman.html

I loved this one more than the first two. Ben better hurry up and finish the next one.

Cheryl

Unknown said...

Thanks Cheryl! I've linked your review to mine. I agree, I liked this one better too.