Thursday, November 6, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Presents


What, if any, memorable or special book have you ever gotten as a present? Birthday or otherwise. What made it so notable? The person who gave it? The book itself? The “gift aura?”


I wouldn't say I have received any special ones for gifts for birthday or Christmas. Most are ones that I have requested. However, I have one friend that I know online that sends me bookboxes. We read a lot of the same books and so sometimes she sends me a list of books and when she is finished, she sends me the ones I'm interested in. I love getting those boxes! It's not for my birthday or any special event, it's just because she is wonderful and is willing to share her books with me. That's the best kind of gift.

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Super friend! Happy Booking Through Thursday. I’m giving away a couple of books. See my sidebar if you’re interested.
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

KyleeJ said...

What a great way to maintain a friendship!

Bookfool said...

I know who you're referring to and I agree. She's wunderbar. I think we'll keep her. :)

Shelley said...

Books are definitely a great thing to share!