Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2009 TBR Challenge



I'm ready for this challenge again in 2009. I created my list for 2009 a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of signing up for this challenge. I actually read 13 books on my list for last year, so this is one challenge I know I can do again. Once again, I want to read all 24 books – meaning both the TBR list and the alternative list, but, we'll see what happens.




This challenge is hosted by MizB and there is a blog for the challenge, TBR (to be read) challenge.




The Rules:


To remind you of the rules:
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months -- you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you need to have a list posted somewhere for others to see (even if it's in a comment here)
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, 2009!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren't TRUE "TBRs"
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you're doing! :)




My selections:


Main List:


Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella


Playing With Fire by Derek Landy


Death Reins in by Michele Scott


An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris


Killer in High Heels by Gemma Halliday


The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory


Tall, Dark, and Deadly by Heather Graham


Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams


A rose from the Dead by Kate Collins


Motif for Murder by Laura Childs


Peppermint Twisted by Sammi Carter


Secrets in the Attic by V.C. Andrews


Alternative List:
Feint of Art by Hailey Lind
Too Pretty to Die by Susan McBride
Fine-Feathered Death by Linda O. Johnston
Design for Murder by Carolyn Hart
The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
The Big Over-Easy by Jasper Fforde
The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson
Fowl Prey by Mary Daheim
On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle
Hold 'Em Hostage by Jackie Chance
Size 14 is not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I am trying to decide if I should attempt this one again next year. I did so poorly this year, only reading two books from my list. It looks like you have a wonderful list of books to read! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Literary Feline - Thanks! I think I did better picking my books this year, for all challenges. One of my co-workers says there is no way I'll actually read the majority of the books I already own, he's suppose to make me cookies at the end of the year if I do good. haha!

Heidi said...

I think you will do fine with the books that you picked. I have read most of them and they are nice easy reads. Which helps when doing a challenge.

Good Luck. I am finalizing my list for this challenge

Unknown said...

Heidi - Thanks! I do too. In fact..there are several on there I am dying to read now, but am waiting since I put them on the list for 2009 challenges. haha!