Thursday, December 11, 2008

2009 Young Adult Challenge



I know, I know…you are asking why I would even attempt to do this challenge again since I failed miserably in 2008. It's simple, I like the challenge. I have acquired a bunch of YA books that I'm anxious to read, but haven't yet. That leads me to believe that I'll do much better with the challenge in 2009.


J. Kaye is hosting the challenge again this year. The challenge post is found here.


Here are the rules:


1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.




Here is my list of YA books I hope to read for this challenge. Per the challenge rules, I'm at liberty to change this whenever I want, but these are ones that I hope to read for the challenge. You might also notice that some were on the challenge list for 2008 that I never go to. Here's hoping I get to them this time around.


Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams


Awakening by Wendy Corsi Staub


The Naming by Alison Croggon


Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce


New Moon by Stephanie Meyer


Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer


The Debs: Love, Lies, and Texas Dips by Susan McBride (released June 2009)


Uglies by Scott Westerfeld


Playing with Fire by Derek Landy


The Clique by Lisa Harrison


The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan


Steel Trapp: The Challenge by Ridley Pearson








Happy Reading…and thanks for stopping by! Kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just me again! Glad you are joining in this one as well! :)