Thursday, December 11, 2008

Series Challenge Season 3

Kathrin at Crazy Cozy Murders is hosting the Series Challenge Season 3.

I didn't join in the other seasons because the time frame was too short for me, but this time it runs for a year. While I think I'm at the point where I have too many challenges started, I'm hoping I can do well with this one. I love mystery series and I have a ton started that I want to finish, so this seems like the perfect challenge for me. Plus, to complete the challenge, I really only have to read 4 books. How hard can that be? Right…I shouldn't have said that.

The rules are easy:

1) Pick a couple series you already started and now want to finish (meaning, you'll be all up to date with the series when it ends).

2) Read at least 4 books, more are also okay, of course!

3) Post your review of the books on your blog or in the comment section, no matter how long. If you post the review on your blog, please post a link to the review in the comment section so that everyone else can check out your review.

4) Have fun!

The dates for the challenge are December 1, 2008 – November 30, 2009


I'm going to make a list of books I would like to read for this challenge. I'm going to tell you right now that I'll change as I see fit in order to complete this challenge, but I do hope to stick to this list. I'm going to only pull books that I already own. I might run into a problem if the authors publish new books for the series in 2009 and I don't get them, but I'll have to deal with that when it happens.

Meg Cabot – Size 14 is not Fat Either (#2)

Sammi Carter – Peppermint Twisted (#3)

Jackie Chance – Hold 'em Hostage (#3)

Laura Childs – Motif for Murder (#4), Frill Kill (#5)

Kate Collins – A Rose From the Dead (#6), Shoots to Kill (#7)

Heather Graham – Deadly Harvest (#2), Deadly Gift (#3)

Charlaine Harris – From Dead to Worse (#8)(Sookie series), An Ice Cold Grave (#3)(Harper series)

Tim Myers – At Wick's End series: Snuffed Out (#2), Dead Waxed Over (#3), A Flicker of a Doubt (#4), Lighthouse series: Booked for Murder (#5)

Michelle Scot – Horse Lover's Series: Death Reins In (#2), Tacked to Death (#3), Wine Lover's series: Silanced by Syrah (#3), A Vintage Murder (#4)


Ok…we can all clearly see that I listed a lot more than 4. Will I get to this entire list? Probably not. Would I love to get through this list? Yeah, I would. Do I think I can read at least 4 (the rules set by the challenge owner) from this list? I really do.



Happy Reading…and thanks for stopping by! Kris


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck with the challenge you need to get caught up. I have book 4 by Sammi Carter. I will have to get it read and add it to your book box.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I need all the help I can get to actually complete these challenges in 2009. I'm going to try hard though, there are a lot of books I have that I've been wanting to read, but just haven't for whatever reason.