Saturday, January 10, 2009

Grace by Richard Paul Evans

Copyright: 2008

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Genre: Fiction

Pages: 311

Challenges: None

New-to-me author? No

Simple Description

I took the following from the author’s website:

Grace is the story of a young runaway girl and the boy who hides her from a world too large for him to comprehend. It is also about two brothers and the trust that binds them together through difficult times. Most of all, Grace is a story of a young couple learning to love. I hope you enjoy my latest novel.

Why did I read this book?

I have enjoyed every book I have read by the author, so I usually jump at the chance to read a new one.

About the book:

Grace is about a boy, Eric, who befriends Grace, a classmate who has run away from home. He finds her looking for food in the dumpster one night while at work. He doesn’t want her on her own, since it’s winter in Utah and very cold. So he takes her home and lets her stay in the clubhouse he built with his brother. He brings her food and companionship.

Grace tells Eric that she ran away for kicks, but the further in you get, you realize that’s not the case. Eric is only 14 years old though, he doesn’t really figure it out until she pretty much tells him.

While Grace is living in his clubhouse, her and Eric become close. They date, if you will. They both fall in love with each other even though the circumstances are unusual.

So while Eric is dealing with this girl that he has fallen in love with, he also has to hide her from his parents.

What I liked most:

There isn’t one thing that I like the most about the book. I just liked it. I thought it was a good story. I thought it was told very well. I had figured out what was going on with Grace before she told Eric, but the author gives enough clues for the reader to do so. I didn’t, however, expect the ending. It fits for the story though.

Was there something I didn’t like?

Nope, not at all!

Do I recommend the book?

Of course! If you haven’t read anything by this author yet, I suggest you do! This book is a great story and I think most people will enjoy it.

Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Leave me ac omment to let me know and I’ll link it below.

This book has also been reviewed by:

Café of Dreams

Thoughts of Joy

Bibliophile by the Sea

Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by……Kris

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only one of his books I remember reading is The Christmas Box and I loved it, so I bet this one is good too. Thanks for the review.

Unknown said...

Hi Kris, I just wanted to let you know I have awarded you with the Premio Dardas Award. Please check my blog for more info...

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Kris...I loved this book when I read it ion October. I attached the link to my review.http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2008/10/171-grace-richard-paul-evans.html

Thanks for posting.

Ladytink_534 said...

Quite a few of his books have been made into TV movies, Grace hasn't so far but it sounds like it would make a good one!

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - The Christmas Box is one of my favorites by hime, I think it's the first I read by him. I bet you would love most, if not all, of his books.

Kathrin - Thanks! I'm honored! I'll be creating a post for it soon.

Diane - thanks for the link! I've got you added.

Ladytink - I bet we'll be seeing this made into a lifetime movie.