Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snuffed Out by Tim Myers



Copyright: 2004


Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime


Genre: Mystery (cozy)


Pages: 180


Challenges: 2009 Read-your-won books


New-to-me author? No






Simple Description


This is the 2nd in the candlemaking mystery series by the author.


When Harrison Black investigates a power-outage at Rivers Edge shopping complex that he owns, he finds one of his shop owners dead. The local sheriff believes it was an accident, however Harrison believes it was murder. As can be expected, Harrison starts asking questions.


Now, there's a lot more going on with this story. The show owners ex-wife has inherited everyone, and she wants to move into the shop. Harrison lets her take over the lease, and this causes issues with a lot of other shop owners. It seems in the past there was an issue with this particular person. Harrison has to deal with this as well.




Why did I read this book?


I have enjoyed all the books I've read by this author and wanted to finish this series.




What I liked most:


I just like that it was a fun read. The story was light and it was a quick read.


Was there something I didn't like?


Out of all the series I have read by the author, the main character in this series is my least favorite. So if I have any complaint, it would be that I just don't like him as much as I would like it.


Do I recommend the book?


I do. I still think this is a good series. I think cozy mystery fans would enjoy this one.




When I reviewed a book recently by this author LadyTink asked if there were any recipes or tips in it like you find so often in cozy mysteries these days. I had told her that there weren't and I didn't think there were in any of the early series by this author. Well..this book does have some candle making tips in the back It only covers about 2 pages, so pretty simple, but there are some. There is also one recipe for some muffins that are mentioned in the book.




Also…I realize my "simple description" is pretty lacking. I apologize about that. My excuse is that my husband got sick the last day in Jamaica and on Tuesday I caught the cold. I didn't think it would be that bad, but today it's pretty darn bad. I'm having trouble doing much of anything today.




Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Leave me a comment to let me know and I'll link it below.


Sorry, no linked reviews yet.








Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by……Kris

No comments: