Thursday, June 4, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Sticky

I know - I haven't played along in awhile - I blame it all on stress.  :)

“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

This was actually hard for me, I think because I felt pressured to come up with a list in 15 minutes!

Snowflower and the Secret Fan
The Kite Runner
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Catcher in the Rye (even though I didn't like it as well when read as an adult)
The Help
On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
The Stone and the Flute
Sherlock Holmes - The Hound of the Baskervilles
Joanna Fluke - Hannah Swenson series - yeah yeah - I'm listing the entire series because it's the charactors that stick with me, not necessary the mystery or the actions in each book
Ann Rice - Vampire series - same excuse as above
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Skulduggery Pleasant
The School of Essential Ingredients
Kaffir Boy
Lucky 

7 comments:

Lezlie said...

Ditto on the Anne Rice.
Lezlie

Beth F said...

I love reading everyone's lists!

Unknown said...

Lezlie - so you like my answer - which was kinda cheeting - but I don't care. haha!

Beth - I haven't had a chance to read messages yet but can't wait!

Dorte H said...

So interesting to see which books other people remember. I was tagged some time ago, and chose 15 crime novels which you can find here.

http://djskrimiblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/15-books-that-will-always-stick-with.html

pussreboots said...

Catcher in the Rye would have been a good one for my list but it didn't make the cut.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a great list. I totally agree with at least 9 or 10 on your list :)

Jess said...

Great list. Many bloggers have been saying fantastic things about The Help.