Monday, July 27, 2009

Down by the River by Robyn Carr

Copyright: 2003
Publisher: Mira
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 366
Challenges: Series Challenge Season 3
New-to-me author: No
author Website

Simple Desription:
This is the 3rd book in the trilogy. In this one June is pregnant and the towns people who love her want to know more about the father and when she is getting married. June, however, doesn't feel that marriage should be rushed.

Aunt Myrna is sure how to feel when she learns that her pen-pal, a fellow author, is coming to visit. I'm not saying anything else though, because this was a fun surprise.
Something is going on with their new minister, but nobody really knows what.
Tragedy hits Grace Valley when they get too much rain and the creek behind the clinic and dinner and other places flood. Will this help bring together some of the townsfolk or is there just too much damange?
Now what you really want to know…my thoughts:
This is the final book in the trilogy, and boy was I sad to see it end. I really love all the charactors. I love the small town and how they call come together to help somebody in need. This is definitly a book that I recommend reading. Although, I think you should start with the first in the series.



5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love to discover great new series and this sounds like one. I have to read them in order, though.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I like Robyn Carr a lot. I enjoyed Virin River and Virgin River Christmas. That's all I've read so far. Thanks for the review.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - I agree - do read this series in order.

Diane - I'm going to start the Virgin River series next month, so glad you enjoyed it so far.

BookAddict said...

This one is up next for me...finally! Can't wait@

Unknown said...

BookAddict - yeah! I'm sure you will love this one.