Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Smile - a story and a link

http://shop.cafepress.com/design/23977774

Since the image I wanted to show is really a shirt I found at Cafe Press, I'm stuck just sharing the link. The shirt says: "will run for chocolate"

By itself, it's cute but once I share this little story with you, I think you'll understand why I loved it and wanted to share it.

Growing up my parents used to take my sisters and I hiking a lot and backpacking. As a kid...who really wants to backpack? Lugging a heavy pack up hills does not sound like fun. Plus..who wants to walk up a freakin' hill anyway! So my parents used to bribe me with chocolate. They promised me a candy bar if I would just walk to the top of the hill! So imagine the surprise when I turned into a cross-country runner and I try to do trails with hills in them so I get a bette workout! haha! So that shirt is perfect for me! I sent my Mom the link and she enjoyed it, thought I should get one.

and here's another item the store sells, I hope to get one of these soon too.

http://buttons.cafepress.com/item/read-a-banned-book-button/14832973

4 comments:

Lezlie said...

LOVE the button! I may have to get that one myself!

I saw a bumpersticker the other day that said, "Annoy a liberal. Work hard and be happy." I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but I'm guessing if he was actually happy he wouldn't have had the bumpersticker on his truck. :-)

Lezlie

Unknown said...

lezlie - Glad you enjoyed the button! I think it would be a great give-away for a banned book challenge. Thanks for the bumpersticker story - I love when I can laugh at work. :)

bermudaonion said...

You HAVE to buy that t-shirt.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - I think I will..a little treat for myself. Anybody who really knows me in person..knows my love for chocolate and running. haha! In fact..today is my last day at work (got a new job) and they gave me 3 big bags of m&m's and snickers. haha! I love it!