Friday, September 18, 2009

Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams


Copyright: ?
Publisher: Scholastic
Genre: YA
Pages: (audio)
Challenges: TBR challenge, 1st in a series
New-to-me Author: Yes
Author's Website


Simple Description:
Will Burrows is a 15 year-old-boy who enjoys a good dig. He likes to dig out tunnels and find artifacts. This is something that sometimes his father helps him with, and sometimes he does alone. He makes a friend at school, Chester, and Chester starts to help him with the tunnels. Then one day Will's father disappears. Later Chester and Will find a tunnel in the cellar of Will's house. They go through the Tunnel and find that somebody tried to fill it up, so of course they dig it out. When they reach the end of the tunnel, they find another village. With real people and animals. Chester and Will are taken into custody and questioned. Will learns that he is originally form this town and was taken top-side.

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
Well - honestly - I couldn't get into this book! I did listen to it, and not sure if that had anything to do it with or not. All I know is that I wasn't very interested in what was happened or what would happen. I finally got to the point where I was skipping ahead tracks just to get through it. I don't know, I don't really have anything to say on it, I just didn't enjoy it.

No comments: