Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 2010 Reads

Total books read: 12

New authors: 5
Mystery: 6
Fiction: 3
Young Adult: 3
Pages: 2,705
Audio: 3

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay *
The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig
Happy Hour by  Michelle Scott
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexia *
Death Perception by Victoria Laurie
A Timely Vision by Joyce and Jim Lavene
Split Second by David Baldacci *
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephanie Meyer
Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich *
At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

* while I did like all the books I read, the ones with the * are ones that stand out for me this month


Challenges:
101 Fantasy Challenge - 7/7 - Finished!
Series Challenge - 4/7 books, 1/3 series
What's in a Name?  - 3/6
Chic Lit Challenge - 4/8
Year of the Historical - 5/12
War Through the Generations - 3/5
Stephanie Plum - 4/5
Young Adult - 7/12
Thriller and Suspense - 8/12
TBR - 6/24
Audio Book - 15/20
Buy 1 Book and Read it - 6/12
Cozy Mystery - 5/6



The year is half-way over (wow - I just can't believe that!) and I call tell that I'm doing great with some challenges, but others not so much. I thought the chick lit and historical challenges would be somewhat tough but at the same time not too hard since I love both genre's, but wow - I really need to work on those.  I also thought I picked good choices for the TBR challenge this year, but I'm not doing nearly as well as I would have liked.  Sure, I have half of it done (I really only have to read 12) but I was hoping this is the year that I read both my regular and alternate list and really got more of the books read that I've head for awhile.  I'm not giving up yet though..I do have till the end of December for most of these challenges.

3 comments:

Lover of Books said...

Good job! I need to post mine. I just have two challenges, the Cozy Mystery one and The Everything Austen II. It's crazy enough. :)

Krista

Unknown said...

well - you also have kids to keep you busy, I'm sure once I have a kid I won't be joining many (if any!) challenges.

Anonymous said...

What a month! You're doing great with your challenges.