Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava

#1 Maggie O'Dell
Copyright: 2000
Publisher: Mira
Genre: mystery
Pages: 466
Challenges: 1st in a series, new author, Mystery and Suspense, Buy 1 book and read it
Author's Website
My rating: 4/5


Simple Description: 
Sixth months after Ronald Jeffrey's is executed for the murder of 3 boys another boy has been found dead and it matches two of the murders.  Nick Morrelli, the sheriff, believes it's a copy cat.  Since Morrelli is inexperienced to deal with a murder investigation the FBI is called in. Maggie O'Dell is their top profiler and even though she is dealing with the after affects of her last case she agree's to help out.

Maggie and Nick soon believe that it's not a copy cat killer.  They believe the correct killer was never caught and is still on the loose.

Maggie and Nick need to figure out who the killer is soon because more boys have gone missing.  Of course, their attraction to each other doesn't help matters.  Nick is a bit of a playboy and Maggie is married.

My Thoughts: 
I thought this was an excellent book!  I was able to get through it in no time.  Once I started it, I didn't want to put it down.   I had pretty much figured out who it was but was never 100% certain.  There are enough clues that you can figure it out but there are enough red herrings in place to throw you off and think it's somebody else.   I thought it was executed very well.

I do believe that a lot of you mystery readers will enjoy this one.  In fact, I'm looking forward to continuing with this series myself.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I didn't realize this was a series until I got Hotwire the other day. I'm glad to see the series is so good. I'm anxious to give Kava's work a try.

Unknown said...

I hope you like it Bermudaonion, I thought it was a great read.