Friday, September 9, 2011

The Hunt Club by John Lescroart

#2 Wyatt Hunt
Copyright: 2006
Publisher: Signet
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 512
Challenges: New Author Challenge, Mystery and Suspense, buy 1 book and read it
Author's Website
My rating: 3/5

Simple Description:
A federal judge is murdered in his home.   He’s found with another dead body, that of a much younger girl.  He’s found in his home, by his wife.  Devin Juhle  is the lead homicide investigator for this crime and he thinks it’s a pretty easy case, the jealous wife did it.   His best friend and a local private investigator, Wyatt Hunt, believes otherwise. 
When local celebrity Andrea Parisi goes missing, Devin believes she killed the judge and the other woman.  Hunt, how recently got to know Parisi a bit better believes otherwise.  He puts all other cases aside and spends all his time into trying to find her. 
As a cop Devin has to follow the rules, as a private investigator Hunt believes he should be able to do what he wants in order to solve the case. 

My Thoughts:
I thought this one was just ok.  The story moved and there always seemed to be something going on but it didn’t really grab me.  I can’t really explain why either.  I loved the character of Hunt, he’s the kind of guy you want in your corner.  I loved the interaction between Hunt and Devin.  
I don’t know, I just can’t put my finger on exactly what I didn’t like about the book.  There is a 2nd book in this series and I think I’ll end up reading it although I won’t rush out to get it.  I think it deserves another chance though, given how much I liked the character of Hunt.

No comments: