Wednesday, November 30, 2011

All the Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison

#1 Taylor Jackson
Copyright: 2007
Publisher: Mira
Genre: mystery
Pages: 416
Author's Website
My rating: 4/5


Simple Description: 
There's a serial killer and a serial rapist on the loose.  The killer targets young girls who seem to have some kind of tie to the medical community.  He never leaves any evidence.  They can track his kills because he cuts off their hands and leaves one at the next crime scene.  Taylor's boyfriend, FBI agent John Baldwin, is the lead profiler on the serial killer case.  He's one of the best yet he can't get a handle on this guy.  Who is he?  How is he targeting these women?  What is the pattern?

Meanwhile, Taylor is asked to take the lead on a serial rapist case.  The rapist only attacks during the rain and, like the serial killer, he doesn't leave any evidence.  He made the daring move of attacking and raping the lead investigator on his case, which is how Taylor ends up the lead.

My Thoughts: 
With two huge cases being investigated in this book there is never a dull moment.  I like that the two cases are separate but that the lead investigators are tied together and could possibly help each other out.

I really liked both Taylor and Baldwin.  They are both very strong characters and I'm always attracted to that.  Taylor is a great character because while she's strong and a good cop, she's not without her doubts.   Same with Baldwin. He knows he's good at what he does but even he is stumped with the current case and frets over it.   While the two don't get to interact very often, due to Baldwin traveling, you can tell there's a connection but it's not overly done.

I had two close friends tell me to start this series and I'm glad I finally listened.  This was an excellent start to the series and I'm looking forward tot he rest of the books.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have a feeling I'd like this series too - it sounds like non-stop action.

Marce said...

You will love the series. I read this one and wasn't impressed actually but received the newest last year to read and loved it, I have read 2 others and would say I am a fan.

I definitely recommend continuing. There is lots around Taylor and Baldwin.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - I think this is one you would def. enjoy.

Marce - Glad you gave it another shot and loved it! I cant wait to read more in the series myself.

Cathy said...

I keep seeing this book and this author cropping up wherever I go. Now that I've read your review, it's gone on my wishlist. Thanks!

samantha.1020 said...

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this book! It wasn't my favorite but I really enjoyed the second book, 14, so much more! And now I'm excited to continue on with the 3rd book :)

Unknown said...

Cathy - I think you'll really enjoy this series.

Samantha - I hear that this isn't the favorite for a lot of people but that the others in the series are better..so I can't wait to get to them.