Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast

#6 House of Night
Copyright: 2009
Publisher: Macmillian Young Listeners
Genre: young adult
Pages: audio
Author's Website
My rating: 2.5/5

Simple Description:
This story picks up right where the last one, Hunted, ended.   Zoey has banished the evil guy and the evil high pristess but that doesn't mean her worries are over. Not only is Zoey struggling with three guys who like her and that she's connected to, but it appears Kalona is still a threat.  He's creeping into her dreams and she realizes that she has a connection with him and is drawn to him.   Aphrodiety has also had visions and the forcast does not look good.

Mix into this the fact that Stevie Rae is hiding something.  Let's make that a couple of things.  This just means a lot of stuff going on for these young vampires.


My Thoughts:
Honestly I think I'm losing interest the further along in the series I get.  I hate that! I'm not sure what it is, maybe I'm tired of Zoey not being able to make up her mind between guys, maybe I'm tired of her having all this responsibilty and still acting like a kid (even though she is just a teenager).  I can't really put my foot on it, other than to say that I'm just not feeling the series like I used to.  I found my mind wondering A LOT while listening to this book. I'm sure I missed stuff.  

I also didn't like that this book started exactly where the other one left off. I didn't read them back to back, so I spent awhile trying to remember how the last one ended and being a bit confused at first.

I haven't decided if I'll continue with the series yet.  Part of me says I've invested this much time into it that I should go ahead and continue but part of me says it's not worth it.  Guess we'll see.

Audio Review:
The narrator for Tempted is Cassandra Morris. I think she does a pretty good job.  Nothing spectacular to say about it but it was pretty decent.  Still happy with the audio versions for this series.

No comments: