Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Wedding by James Patterson and Richard DiLallo

Copyright: 2011
Publisher: Little Brown and Co
Genre: fiction
Pages: 288
Author's Website
My rating: 3/5

Simple Description:
Gaby Summerhill has decided to remarry. It's been several years since her husband passed away and she's had three marriage offers.  It's time for her to be happy and she knows marrying one of these guys would make her happy.

She has contacted her 4 children and let them know that she wants them at her house for Christmas because she's getting married...and nobody will know which man she chose until that day. 

The story goes back and forth between learning about each of the children's lives and what's currently happening and Gabby's life and the men who have asked her to marry them.


My Thoughts:
I actually read this one as a buddy read with some others online.  Only one other person has read it so far though.  She thought it was just ok, not as good as Patterson usually does.   Personally, I've not read a Patterson novel before this so I have nothing to compare it too.  So with that being said, I enjoyed this book.  Sure, some things are far fetched and you go "really?" but it's a Christmas story.  Aren't most Christmas stories like that?  I think this book is just supposed to be a story about family and love and getting together to celebrate what's really important around the holidays.  That what this book did for me.  So I say this one is pretty good and I'm glad I read it as it's the only Christmas book I'll manage this Holiday season.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I agree with you about Christmas stories - for some reason I can suspend disbelief in them very easily. It is the season of miracles!