Tuesday, May 22, 2012

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

#6 Mercy Thompson
Copyright: 2011
Publisher: Ace Fantasy
Genre: Fiction/urban fantasy
Pages: 290
My rating: 4/5


Simple Description:
Mercy and Adam finally tie the knot.  They honeymoon at a camp that is officially closed but that Adam was given access to.  So they are all by themselves.  However it soon becomes obvious that given the very nice RV and access to the camp comes with a price.  It appears there is something in the river that is killing people and Adam and Mercy were sent there in hopes of figuring out what is going on and putting an end to it.

The local Indian tribe gets involved when one of their own is attacked by the monster in the water.  This is a good thing on several levels.  Particularly because there are some walkers with this tribe and Mercy learns more about them and about her father.


My Thoughts:
I still really enjoy this series.  There is just something about Mercy and Adam that has me coming back for more and more.  This story was a bit different from the others, but not in a bad way.  I thought it worked well for the series.  Ok..so not the best review but I finished the book several days ago and just now getting around to review it.  Dealing with some things on the home front and while I knew I needed/wanted to get the review done, just not in the mood to do.  You know how that is.

No comments: