Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay

# 4 Cupcake Mystery
Copyright: 2011
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Genre: mystery (cozy)
Pages: 276
My rating: 4/5

So just like my last review, I'm writing this one at least a week after finishing the book. Time flies when you are having fun, we'll pretend I've had nothing but fun anyway. haha!

I'm a bit behind in this series as this is #4 and I already own #5 too (Thank you publisher!).  I don't know why I waited so long to read the 4th one either, as I love this series. 

Mel and Angie have entered into a cooking challenge that is being held in their town. If they win they would not only win a nice chunk of money but would also bring in a lot of business to their bakery.  The judges are celebrates and one is Mel's mentor from cooking school. Unfortunately he is found dead and Mel doesn't believe it was an accident.  Of course once Angie's life is threatened Mel knows she must figure out who is behind this.

Mel and Angie have an intern at the bakery and I hope he is in the next book.  I loved his character.

As usual I was very happy with this book.  I just love this series.  The characters are great, it's fun, and it keeps my interest.   Definitely recommend it to cozy fans.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds really cute!

Melissa Palmer said...

Love this series!

Melissa
http://melissasbookpicks.blogspot.com