Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

#2 Fifty shades of gray trilogy
Copyright: 2012
Publisher: Vintage
Genre: fiction
Pages: DNF
My rating: 1/5


I just couldn't do it ladies!  The writing is HORRIBLE.  I tried to just read it for fun, I went in to it knowing the writing was probably as bad as the first one.  I was hoping the story would keep my interest.

I struggled through it. I found myself not even wanting to read because it just bothered me.   So I finally said that enough was enough and closed it for good. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I just couldn't make it through the first one.
I'm so interested though in how these books are the biggest sellers right now.
I keep wondering what people see that I'm missing.
-beth

Unknown said...

Same here! I know it's supposed to be for fun, but I just couldn't get past how bad they were. haha

Harvee said...

I haven't even tried this one. Am not surprised you didn't like it.

Michele said...

This is exactly why I haven't read the first one...I am not picky when it comes to reading books...but I do expect it to be grammatically correct. Happy to know that there are others like me out there =)