Friday, September 21, 2012

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

#5 Night Huntress
Copyright: 2011
Publisher: Avon
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 357
My rating:  4/5


Simple Description:
It seems nothing can happen easily for Bones and Cat.  They just want some peace and quite but that's not going to happen.  It seems vampires are disappearing and a species war is on the brink.  Apollyon has it out for Cat.  Several centuries ago he tried to start a war between the vampire and ghouls.  It appears he is using Cat to start one again. 

Cat is not only struggling with needed to find Apollyon and put an end to what he is doing but also her chances since become a full vampire. It appears she only drinks from vampires and when she does, she absorbes their powers.


My Thoughts:
I picked up this book for one reason. This series is a comfort read for me. I just adore Cat and Bones. Love them.  I haven't had a chance to read a lot lately.  Along with having an infant in the home, I have also been going through some health issues.  So reading has taken a back burner.  When I go to sleep at night I always read but these days it's only for about 10 min.  Needless to say the reading is very slow.  I was in need of a book that would keep my interest, One where I felt I was with friends. This was just what I needed. I found myself wanting to read it, wanting to pick it up. BLISS. 

Cat and Bones are just a great couple. I love Cat's attitude.  I love the two of them together. I'm obviously a huge fan of vampire/urban fantasy books so of course I love that aspect of it too.

If you like urban fantasy and you haven't already checked out this series, do yourself a favor and get the first one soon.

No comments: