Sunday, May 10, 2009

Matala by Craig Holden


Copyright: 2007

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Genre: fiction

Pages: 180

Challenges:

New-to-me author? Yes

Author’s website

 

Simple Description

Darcy Arlen is on a tour of Europe.  She is bored with the tour and sneaks out of her hotel room.  Walking around Rome she meets Will.   Later that night when out with Will, his partner Justine, spikes her drink and knocks her out.  They steal her cash but not her cards.  They feel that Darcy is up for an adventure and feel they can use her for awhile.  Darcy ends up leaving the tour and even though she has called home to tell her parents she is safe, she learns they have sent somebody to find her and bring her home.  However, Darcy would rather be on this adventure.  Will and Justine feel that Darcy is just a wild, rich, American. However Darcy is smart, she knows she is being used.  She decides to have a little fun herself.  She sets up Justine to be caught for the attempt to sell drugs.  Darcy wants Will all for herself.  The little adventure they are on turns out to be more than she first expected though.   She knows she is supposed to deliver a package, but soon she isn’t sure that’s the only thing that is supposed to happen.

Why did I read this book?

I read a description of the book and it sounded interesting.

What I liked most:

I liked that it was a rather fast read and a short book.

Was there something I didn’t like?

I thought the sex scenes were a bit much.  I just didn’t see that it was needed in the book.   I don’t mind sex scenes, just didn’t really see where it fit into this story.

Do I recommend the book?

Unfortunately, I’m not sure.  The story was ok, not my favorite.  But it wasn’t my least favorite also.  There were several times when I was lost and not sure what the characters were referring too.

 

Have you reviewed this book on your blog?  Leave me a comment to let me know and I’ll link it below.

Sorry, no linked reviews yet.

 

 

Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by……Kris

1 comment:

Beth F said...

Thanks for the honest review. I may read this someday but I won't be searching for it.