Friday, June 25, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: an Eclipse Novella by Stephanie Meyer

***Don't forget that you can read this novella online for FREE until July 5th***

Copyright: 2010
Publisher: Little, Brown books for young readers
Genre: YA
Pages: 192
Challenges: young adult
Author's Website 
My rating: 3.5/5


Simple Description: 
This novella is about Bree Tanner after she is made into a vampire.  She is one of the vampires who is made so that a small army of vampires can attack the Cullins.  Bree is the one who didn't want to fight and surrenders.  I couldn't remember who she was, so I wanted to say that first so you know who she is.  I don't think it ruins the story at all..because really most people remembered who she was. 

I'm not sure how much I really want to tell you about here. It's such a short book that I don't want to give a review and then...well..what would be the point of reading the book right?

So basically it's about how Bree realizes that what she has been told in the 3 months since becoming a vampire isn't true.  Along with another new vampire, they try to figure out why they have been lied to and what the purpose for this small army really is. 

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts
I liked this novella a lot more than I thought I would.  I especially loved the end of it.   I think I enjoyed it so much because we already knew what was happening..because it happens in Eclipse, only this time we get it from Bree and not the Cullins.  If you are a Twilight fan, then I highly recommend this book. I think you'll find it fun and enjoyable.  I read it in about 3 hours, so it's a quick read (maybe you can even sneak read it online at work..but don't tell your boss I suggested that). 

 

Thanks to my friend Gloria for letting me borrow her copy of this book. 

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Since I've never read the Twilight books, I'll probably skip this one. Glad you enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Bermudanion - good call, it wouldn't make sense to non Twilight fans.

Serena said...

This sounds like an interesting supplement to the series. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Unknown said...

Serena - I hope you enjoy if you do read it!

Anonymous said...

I didn't remember Bree Tanner either...until I saw Eclipse last night. Sounds like a book to pick up when I'm in the mood for a quick, interesting read.

Unknown said...

Diaryofaneccentric - oh..you already saw the movie? I hope it was good! I'm kinda hoping the author does more novella's with characters like this.

BookAddict said...

I started reading it this morning online, but may just order it anyway because then I will be able to put it in my classroom library.
Thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

BookAddict - I'm tempted to buy a copy just so I can add it to my collection since I have the rest of the series. I think I'm going to keep my eye out for a used copy at used book fairs.