Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Watchman by Robert Craig


Joe Pike is an ex-police officer who now does private jobs. He is asked to protect Conner Barkley. She had a car accident a couple weeks ago and now somebody wants her dead. She saw a man run from the other car....and that man is a wanted man in America. She is put into FBI security so they can protect her before she goes to trial as a witness but the FBI is having trouble keeping her safe and Pike is called in. Pike does things his own way...and when they keep being found at the safe houses the FBI sends them too...he decides to take matters into his own hands. Conner is from a wealthy family and used to getting what she wants. She doesn't like having a "babysitter" and doesn't like Pike. Pike enlists the help of some friends to help him figure out who is really trying to hurt Conner and why.

This was my first book by the author, even though this isn't the first in the series. I plan to start at book 1 and read the rest. I really enjoyed this book. I liked Pike a lot and loved the adventure throughout the story. I thought the book was well written and kept me interested. I thought there were a lot of turns and sometimes I thought I knew who was behind it but then something would happen to make me guess again. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.

new author/mystery/292 pages

1 comment:

Joy said...

I have read all (except this one) of Robert Crais and have enjoyed them all. I'm looking forward to it. You should know that Pike is not prominent in all the books. This is the first one where he's the main character.