Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Web of Evil by J.A. Jance (audio)

This is the 2nd in the series. I enjoyed the story but the reader kinda bothered me.

Ally needs to go to LA to finalize her divorce with her soon to be ex, however he never shows up. Then he is found dead. To make matters worse, Ally is a primary suspect because the will was never changed so she inherits everything. She is soon in more trouble when she finds her husbands mistress' (and fiance) mother dead. She becomes a suspect in that one as well because the police think she was pushed down the stairs and didn't fall.

I am not going too in depth on this review. I really like J.A. Jance - I have read all her series and enjoyed all of them. I admit I don't like this one as much as I like the others, but I still like it. The reader did a good job - to a point. There were a lot of times when she spoke as Ally and it, hmm....this is hard to explain, it just came across as wrong. I think she used the wrong tone of voice. I know if I read the story, the tone I would pick up was much different from how the lady read the story. So that was an issue because I think it made Ally look bad when I don't think it should have. I would suggest reading this book and not listening to it, I think it would be better that way.

mystery/audio

No comments: