Monday, January 7, 2008

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella


I believe this is #5 in the series.
Becky is pregnant and will soon be having her baby. Faithful shopaholic readers know what that means, shopping, shopping, and more shopping. haha!
She switched Dr's to be with the "it" doctor. The only problem, she turns out to be beautiful and Luke's ex-girlfriend from college. Soon Becky feels she is trying to break them up and take Luke. Becky says stuff to Luke but he doesn't see it, he thinks of her as just a friend.
Also, Luke is having some trouble with his company, Brandon Communications. The big account they got has become a major pain. Luke soon must risk putting his company in trouble or continuing to deal with this horrid company.
Becky works at a dept store that is failing. They need something to get people to shop at the store and Becky knows just the thing. She gets Danny, the hot new designer she knows, to design something to be sold only by her department store.
Becky and Luke also find a house they want and Becky convinces the sellers to let them buy it. However, what will happen once Luke's business starts to have problems and money is tight? And what will happen when the ex-girlfriend tells Becky that Luke plans to divorce her?
This might just be my favorite shopaholic book since the first one, Confessions of a Shopaholic. Yes, it does deal with Becky shopping but it seems like that was on the back burner in this book and I liked that. The pressing issues of Luke's business being in trouble and Luke possible cheating on her, and the trouble with her department store get a lot more attention.
I listed to this one as an audio book and I really enjoyed it. This is a great series for when you need a light read.
fiction/audio

5 comments:

Joy said...

I listened to this one as well and really enjoyed it.

nessie said...

I stopped at Shopaholic and Wedding which I loved. Dont know - & Sister just wasnt inticing. The baby one is tempting but not enough. Thanks for the recap nice to know what happens to the loveable characters ;)

April said...

I read this one a while ago and loved it!! Such a fun read.

Jane said...

I love this series. They are SO entertaining and I just love Sophie. I look forward to the next installment.

twiga92 said...

I really enjoy these books. I don't read much chick lit anymore, but these are still on my to-read list if any more come out in the series.