Saturday, April 5, 2008

Author Signing: Ridley Pearson

I had reviewed one of his adult thrillers last year, Killer Weekend. So I saw that he was going to be doing a talk and author signing to promote his new young adult book, Steel Trapp - The Challenge. Silly me, I didn't put two and two together and remember this was the guy who also co-writes the Peter and the Starcatcher's series. I haven't read that series yet but have heard wonderful things about it and have it on my wish list. Needless to say, there was a good size crowd at the talk and book signing.

If you have the chance to see this guy - I recommend it. He was great! His stories were good, he kept my interest, and he even had some memory games for us to play. He kept the adults and the kids entertained, which I thought was great. Oh, and he showed us how the covers are made. He showed a copy of the pencil drawing for on that will be out soon, then the drawing with some color, then the final pick. It was fun to see the different stages.

For those who already read him, he did mention that soon he will be starting on the 4th in the Peter and the Starcatcher's series. He also says that Disney is currently working on a Broadway show for that series. As of right now it will be shown in California in Dec. 2009 and if it does well, it will move from there.

No comments: