Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke



This is the 10th in the series. And what a series it is! I just love these books.


Ok, so not going to give you the background or anything. If you have been reading my blog regularly, then you have already read reviews about this series. So I'll just dive right into the actual review.

Lisa and Herb are putting together a family reunion for both sides of the family. There are over 100 people attending! (Can you imagine trying to organize that?) Anyway, what could go wrong right? Well, when a relative who has been missing for 30 years shows up unexpectedly, you know something is going to happen.

Hannah is sent to find this guy the next day so he can be included in the family picture. She finds him, but somebody got to him first and he has been murdered.


Some of the local relatives ask Hannah to look into the murder and of course she can't resist. Later it becomes even more important to her to crack this case because Lisa's Dad was seen walking around that night. Hannah knows that if the police knew this, he would be their prime suspect. So Hannah decides she must find the killer before the police get wind of this.


To make maters even more dicey, Mike has asked Hannah to share whatever info she gets with him and he will share info with her. She isn't sure about this at first, believe he won't hold up his end of the bargain, but finally agrees to do it. But…will Mike really share info with her?


See..this is one of those series where yeah, the murder part of it is fun, but I just love the characters and could care less about the murder investigation. Haha! It makes me want to live in a small town and open up a bakery. I just love how the characters interact with each other.


So this was my feel good book to get me out of the slump after not passing the big exam I took on Friday. Whenever I read a book in this series I feel like I'm reading about my friends. So this was a good choice. Now, I just have to wait until next year to read the next in the series. I was on her website and believe it's titled Cream Puff Murder (or something like that). I just remember seeing cream puff and hoping there is a recipe for those since I love them. Speaking of recipes, this book had a lot of really yummy sounding recipes that I can't wait to try.


***Have you reviewed this book on your website? If so, let me know and I'll include a link to your review below.***


I happen to know that my good friend over at Heidi's Books already reviewed this one, you can find her review here.




(mystery, 321pgs)

No comments: