Thursday, October 16, 2008

One in a Million by Kimberla Lawson Roby



Kennedi has just learned something that will make her life easier and fulfill her husbands dreams. She can't wait to tell him. She calls his cell phone but gets his voicemail, so she leaves a message to have him call her to get some exciting news. He never calls however when he finally gets home, later than usual, she can't wait to give him the great news. Only he has news that he must tell her first. He wants a divorce. He doesn't love her anymore and has been cheating on her for 2 years. This comes as a total surprise to Kennedi, she had no idea this was going on. He leaves before she has a chance to digest this information or tell him the good news. The good news? She won the mega millions, which is a little over 60 million dollars.


Kennedi is heartbroken about the divorce and mad. She meets with her attorney and an accountant to start figuring out what she wants to do with the money and what can be done so that her soon to be ex doesn't get any of it.


Lots of drama in this one. Blake, the soon to be ex, comes over for stuff and of course Kennedi gets made at him. Then she see's him out at a restaurant with the girlfriend and loses control. Then Blake see's her out with her accountant and he has a fit. He then keeps calling her and begging to come back after he finds out she had the winning numbers for the lottery. Finally he resorts to blackmail in order to get Kennedi to give him the amount he wants.


This was a very fast read for me. The story was short and it just seemed to flow. I did really enjoy the story, but there is something about it that bugs me. I'm not sure exactly what though. It kept my interested, it flowed well, I liked it. I just don't know what it is about it that's keeping me from saying that I loved it. You ever have books like that? I'll tell you what though. There is a part in the book where Kennedi and her best friend take a limo to down-town Chicago and go shopping and buy whatever they want. I envy that. Haha! I would love to be able to do that one day.




Have you reviewed this book? If so please let me know and I'll link it below.


Sorry, no reviews linked yet






(new author.fiction.183pg)

2 comments:

cessie said...

Haha...sounds like a fun read!
And yes, I do have that feeling with a book or a film sometimes that I liked it but not loved it and cannot name what did bother me.
Maybe you will wake up one night and know "Ah, that's what I did not like about it" lol.
I liked your review!

Unknown said...

Cessie - I'm so glad I'm not the only one. haha!
Thanks - glad you liked the review.