Friday, February 19, 2010

Darn you Borders!

Guess what I did lat night? I stopped in at a Borders (different from the one I went to over the weekend) to see what books they had on clearance.  Of course I knew I wouldn't walk out empty handed, I shouldn't have stopped in "just to look".  But I did.

The cool thing is that I saved more than I was expecting.  There was a sign by the books that had $1 really big, but under that said it applied only to those with a blue sticker.  I didn't see a blue sticker on any of them.  I still picked up 4 books to get, because three of them were trade paperback and marked at $3.99 and one was hardback and marked for $1.99. I figured the price was still worth it.    Then I got to the register and all books rang up for $1 each.  Woohoo!  I should have grabbed more.  I should stop at the other Borders in my area.  Seriously, you have no idea how hard it is trying to convince myself to not stop by more stores.  There is one that could possibly be on my way home if I went a different way, let's not think about the fact that it is a bit out of my way.  The other one is only about 25 min from my house and in the mall..I like the mall..there is an Archiver's in the mall. I love Archiver's.   Please somebody make me stop..don't let me stalk every Borders in relatively close distance to my house!

I've never ready anything by this author, and didn't realize it was in a series until I looked it up.  It sounded cute though. 

The Concubine: A Novel  The Concubine: A Novel by Norah Lofts
Have any of you read this one?  It's another Tudor book.  For some reason the author was familiar to me.

The Accidental Mother The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman
I've heard that this author is good.  I actually have one of her other books at home (still unread..oops..and it's a review book.  double oops)

Haters Haters by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
I haven't read this author before either, although I do own another of her books (which I'm having trouble locating).  Have any of you read this author?  What do you think of her books?

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You found some great deals!

BookAddict said...

Great deals Kris! The cozy looks good!

Lover of Books said...

I LOVED the accidental mother. It was so good. Read the review on my blog, you may have to search for it. :)

LOL I am tempted to get something off of Barnes and Noble's site for $10 to get the free shipping for Easter. lol

stepfordmomto2@yahoo.com said...

The Accidential Mother was good.
http://booksnwhatnot.blogspot.com/search?q=coleman

I haven't gotten to her other ones yet, but I really should.

Beth F said...

I haven't read any of these -- but I do know the danger of stepping inside a bookstore!

Ashley said...

Borders and Barnes & Noble have both been known to suck me in with the clearance books! The books you ended up getting sound interesting!

Unknown said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets sucked in by sales/clearance. Also glad that several of you liked Accidental Mother.

I ended up stopping at a different Borders over the weekend but only walked away with 2 books. haha!