Friday, December 10, 2010

1st in a Series Challenge 2011



Katy at A Few More Pages is hosting the 1st in a Series Challenge 2011.  We all know that I love a good series and while I have a ton of series I need to complete, I can't help starting new series every year.  Sounds like a challenge I shouldn't have a problem completing huh?






Guidelines for the 1st in a Series Challenge 2011


1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. If you're not a blogger, leave your information in the comments.

2. There are four levels for this challenge:

  • Series Novice: Read 3 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Lover: Read 6 books that are the first in any series. 
  • Series Expert: Read 12 books that are the first in any series. (This is the level I'm joining up for)
  • Series Fanatic: Read 20 books that are the first in any series.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. Any genre counts.

3. The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2011.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2011.

5. If you're a blogger, write up a sign-up post that includes the URL to this post so that others can join in. Feel free to use the button above. When you sign up in the Linky, put the direct link to your1st in a Series Challenge sign-up post.



I love to list possible books to read for each challenge. I do this because I pick books I already own or know I'm going to buy.  However with this one, since I tend to pick up several new series throughout the year, I'm hesitant to do that.  I do suppose I could list 12 and can take the liberty to switch out books as I see fit, eh?

Ok, here's the tentative list:


Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
The Naming by Alison Croggon
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Ghost Shadow by Heather Graham
Creepers by David Morrell
Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton
An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor
Carved in Bone by  Jefferson Bass
On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle
The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

No comments: