Jackie from Literary Escapism is once again hosting the New Author Challenge. I actually did this challenge in 2009 and loved it, then decided not to do it in 2010 because I wanted to read books I already owned..which meant a lot of series. That didn't work out as well as I would like and I still ended up reading a lot of new authors. So, I figured, why not. Why not do this challenge again in 2011. It should be fun and I look forward to read a ton of new authors!
Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. For me, I’m trying another 50 new authors. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome
I won't be listing books that I plan to read for this challenge, however I know that I have several knew authors already on my lists for other challenges so I'm looking forward to being able to kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes.