Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Who Do, Voodoo? by Rochelle Staab

#1 Mind for Murder
Copyright: 2012
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 292
Author's Website
My rating: 3.5/4

Simple Description:
Liz Cooper is a psychologist who doesn't believe in the occult. Unfortunately she's surrounded by those who do.  When her best friend Robin receives threatening tarot cards and drawings on her door step she wants to prove somebody is just playing a mean joke.  Unfortunately when one of the suspects is found murdered, Robin is the main suspect and taken in to custody.

Liz finds herself thrown into the world of the occult as she tries to clear her friends name. Will she end up a believer by the end?

 My Thoughts:
What a fun start to a new series!  I don't want to sound like a broken record but by now you all know I love the occult and paranormal stuff so of course when I was given the offer to review this book I jumped on it.  I like that Liz is a non-believer and thrown into it.  I like that she tries to come up with a reasonable explanation for things.  She's also a great friend to have as she sticks by Robin even when the evidence is not in her friend's favor.

The characters in this book were all enjoyable, well, the ones you were supposed to enjoy anyway.  I think there's a lot of potential and growth for them.  I, for one, plan to stick around and see how they develop and what kind of trouble Liz finds herself in next.


Thanks to the publisher for providing this book for review.

5 comments:

stepfordmomto2@yahoo.com said...

I am seeing this book everywhere. Must mean that I should read it.

bermudaonion said...

I would be a non-believer with her! This does sound like a fun new series.

Unknown said...

stepfordmomto2 - I think you should take it as a sign, I think you would like it.

Bermudaonion - It is a fun new series, I would be one of those trying to convert you. haha

Cathy said...

And another book goes on the wishlist. Thanks for the review and bringing it to my attention!

Unknown said...

You're welcome Cathy, glad I could help make the wishlist longer. lol